Notices

Time to get rid of '14 Shelby???..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Time to get rid of '14 Shelby???..

I have a 14 Shelby that rarely gets driven. It's pristine, lightly modded, 10.6k mi, and fast as hell. Original owner.
Since I have my 16 Spyder too, the Shelby stays in a storage unit and gets driven on a weekend day every two to three weeks. The value seems to have been pretty stable for the past year, somewhere between 46 and 50 private sale. I'm considering selling or trading, maybe for a Jeep Wrangler or a Canyon diesel that would add to my family's capabilities, or maybe even an electric car to scoot around town.
Is it stupid to sell the Shelby? What are opinions about the other options. Any Jeep people here?
Old 04-08-2017, 05:30 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Personally, I would keep the Shelby. It seats 4(ish), which means you can take friends out for a drive if you wish. I used to have a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was a great car. However, I know a few people with newer Jeep Wranglers and they aren't really all that happy with them. They say they're not a bad car, but not a good one either. Whatever you do though, I wouldn't trade the Shelby, you wouldn't get the value out of it. Just sell it outright. If you do sell it, I'd do it privately or with an auction house, preferably one with a reserve option.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

The backseat of the Shelby truly is not comfortable. The only person who ever goes back there would be my 10 year old daughter, and she's probably been there 3 or 4 times in 4 years. The thing is, with my wife in the front seat, and my daughter in the backseat, my wife sees to it that there is no spirited driving in that circumstance. Unfortunately, that's really all the car is good for. If we're going to take a leisurely drive, one of our daily driver BMWs suits their needs much more adequately. Anyway, I hear what you're saying regarding a private sale. It's kind of a pain in the butt though, and if I can come within a couple thousand dollars by trading, I think it might be worth it to me to do so.

Quick Reply: Time to get rid of '14 Shelby???..