Notices

2016 Range Rover Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:13 AM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really thought the Cayenne drove better---I just enjoy the looks of the RR more---I would be happy with either.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
Had one....No offense, but its just an updated station wagon.
Until you add the offroad package
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Quadry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the old body style and the new one looks too much like a Ford to me. I would consider owning another if they changed up the outside to separate it from Ford, but it is sad to hear the interior quality is a little down.

My previous RR was one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. My only advice is to ditch it before warranty is out.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Quadry
I loved the old body style and the new one looks too much like a Ford to me. I would consider owning another if they changed up the outside to separate it from Ford, but it is sad to hear the interior quality is a little down.

My previous RR was one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. My only advice is to ditch it before warranty is out.
Critical to ditch before Warranty--I agree
Old 10-04-2016, 11:19 PM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

No love in here for the BMWs?

I'm a huge fan of X5 50i, have owned a few and when it comes to power and handling, they are tough to beat for the price range. I have a '15 50i now with only the M package & Dynamic Handling Package, and that thing is a beast. I have the 20" wheels and have a set of Pirelli Scorpions for the winter that fit the OEM wheels, I swap them every year and go for joy rides in the snow. The handling is amazing, the car has minimal body roll. Plenty of power and a great transmission...I'm still shocked it gets 16mpg which for a SUV with 400HP is pretty good I think.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:06 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

We liked them - almost bought one!! Just liked the RRS a bit more. We both figured more buyers would go for the BMW than the RRS. Not sure what the real numbers are but I'd be curious.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:32 AM
CFM3
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Armin
No love in here for the BMWs?

I'm a huge fan of X5 50i, have owned a few and when it comes to power and handling, they are tough to beat for the price range. I have a '15 50i now with only the M package & Dynamic Handling Package, and that thing is a beast. I have the 20" wheels and have a set of Pirelli Scorpions for the winter that fit the OEM wheels, I swap them every year and go for joy rides in the snow. The handling is amazing, the car has minimal body roll. Plenty of power and a great transmission...I'm still shocked it gets 16mpg which for a SUV with 400HP is pretty good I think.
We have a 16 with M sport and DHP and most other options too! Traded our 2012 X5M for it as this was plenty of power for my wife to daily with fantastic handling and an amazing vehicle overall. We previously used the oem winter wheel/tire setup on the x5m, but I'm thinking going with this option of the scorpions may be preferable.

RR auto is a great vehicle but I found it a little small inside for me. Enjoy it in good health!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny thread to come across... Just bought LR4 Landmark. Love as much as 911, but totally different. Quiet as a tomb, that air suspension is just like cruising around on a cloud, holds a ton of people and/stuff, and when it's adventure time--the disco's legacy is built on rolling up its sleeves and working hard.

Already bought rack & ladder. In touch with ARB they are just about to release a new bumper for the 14+. And an outfit in UK makes 18" wheels that clear the big brakes--meaning 30 inch wheels for off highway duty. Having fun kitting it out.

Already have 2000 miles on it, and about 150 of those are off road.

Very highly recommend.

Macan is awesome, but I didn't want something so... Porsche. If I could only have 1 then Macan. But 911 = awesome at its job. And LR4 = awesome at its job.

Now I wouldn't go so far as to call the LR4 the 911 of SUV's. We all know that's the G550.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:32 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 64 Posts

I am just about to order a 2017 RR S/C but I too was a little disappointed with the interior quality as apposed to my "back in the day" 2007 RR. I don't believe the RR S/C even comes with a leather dash top anymore as the older versions did. It looks like I need to spend an extra $40K for the Autobiography to have leather.

I am not to thrilled with the limited amount of wood trim options either.

I love the way it drives though.

I will be getting rid of my GTI for the Rover but I too have been looking at 2012 Autobiography's just because I like the elegance and quality of that truck better. Not totally sold on the new design. Bummer

My Macan S is a great treat to drive. I just want the RR as an addition for more comfortable cruising.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:53 AM
ccjin
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

have the 2015 RR vogue autobiography 4.4 v8 diesel and very happy since 2 years. love ride quality, interior and the look. best SUV for me till now. only negative point - infotainment and sat nav is outdated.

have tried Q7, GL, cayenne and X5 - RR in my opinion hve the quitest cabin and best ride quality.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:12 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CarreraS
I am just about to order a 2017 RR S/C but I too was a little disappointed with the interior quality as apposed to my "back in the day" 2007 RR. I don't believe the RR S/C even comes with a leather dash top anymore as the older versions did. It looks like I need to spend an extra $40K for the Autobiography to have leather.

I will be getting rid of my GTI for the Rover but I too have been looking at 2012 Autobiography's just because I like the elegance and quality of that truck better. Not totally sold on the new design. Bummer

My Macan S is a great treat to drive. I just want the RR as an addition for more comfortable cruising.
Be sure to strongly consider the diesel if you go with a new one. It's perfectly suited with nice low-end torque. If you are willing to sacrifice some ride and handling go with a CPO '12 AB, should be able to find them with a five handle these days.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:55 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 474 Likes on 259 Posts

Funny how many of us have the same combo of cars. I picked up a SC Range Rover in December 14 and love it, never thought I would but after GLs X5s including the M, even the Macan Turbo I love my RR the best as a DD.

Its such a different car than the 911s and M cars I have that its a welcome serene drive...

I never had one before so I have no idea if the quality is worse, my co-worker has a 2012 I think late last gen and it looks almost the same.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CarreraS

If the top dash isn't leather it fooled me, but the autobiography is quite a bit nicer. I think JLR is trying to move the RR line both down and up market while improving profit, and the limited interior options for the standard versions I think show that. Pay for autobiography for the really nice stuff. I also think the prior exterior designs in their eras were more standout. This one is quite handsome but forgettable. My wife and I just wanted a nice SUV, and the RRS was honestly a bit overkill for what we set out to buy. The ride quality, quiet cabin, etc. of the RR sold us over the very good competition. We're hopeful the quality has come up and repairs aren't too frequent - if so we'll probably keep it a fairly long time.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:20 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Is this not a 991 forum?
Old 10-10-2016, 05:59 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Funny how many of us have the same combo of cars.
yep, another one here, have a 2016 RR AB S/C - this is actually the second full size RR I've had, terrific cars, the NAV is crap, but a minor point overall. Will gladly keep buying them based on my experience

Quick Reply: 2016 Range Rover Supercharged