Notices

M4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
In Sweden, them porkers are al over the place.
That has to be either a press launch picture or some type of Porsche event.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, its the VW beetle convention 👍
Originally Posted by Archimedes
That has to be either a press launch picture or some type of Porsche event.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Yes, its the VW beetle convention ��
Well don't worry, by the sounds of it, your M4 GTS should be right at home at a two stroke lawn mower convention. Or a Shriners' Parade. Just don't forget your clown shoes.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Only difference between you and me are I speek the truth. Nothing else really. It just goes to show how stupid this whole thing is. You really do highlight that👍
Well don't worry, by the sounds of it, your M4 GTS should be right at home at a two stroke lawn mower convention. Or a Shriners' Parade. Just don't forget your clown shoes.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
OMG....the coolaid is strong.
Indeed, I have been surprised by the amount of antiBMWvenom I run into on this board.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Only difference between you and me are I speek the truth. Nothing else really. It just goes to show how stupid this whole thing is. You really do highlight that��
I have no idea what you're talking about, as I've only said two things about this car. One, that it looks like it jumped right out of the last Fast N Furious movie with that Civic wing and clown wheels. And two, it sounds like a weed wacker. Which, well, everyone can judge for themselves...

https://vimeo.com/167312914

Actually, it sounds just like the Husqvarna two stroke blower I use to clean my driveway.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Marvinta
Indeed, I have been surprised by the amount of antiBMWvenom I run into on this board.
Deleted, Was not referring to the OP.

Last edited by Archimedes; 05-23-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean in a troll thread ripping Porsche's on a Porsche site? Yeah, I'm shocked at all the 'venom'...

So this is the intial post:
Has anyone here received an invitation to buy one of these cars? What are your thoughts? Would you trade your GT4 for one if given the opportunity?
My voucher expires soon and I'm truly stuck as to what to do. I can't realistically keep both cars, however I'm at a loss as to which one to give up. (My PTS GT4 is spec'd exactly as I want it).

How is that a troll thread?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:19 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 555 Posts

Has anyone here received an invitation to buy one of these cars? What are your thoughts? Would you trade your GT4 for one if given the opportunity?
My voucher expires soon and I'm truly stuck as to what to do. I can't realistically keep both cars, however I'm at a loss as to which one to give up. (My PTS GT4 is spec'd exactly as I want it).

There is no use arguing with him. I tend to glaze over comments from non-GT owners/prospective owners.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Sorry, I'm talking about Nur93, not the OP of this thread. My bad. Read Nur93s comments in this thread and the thread in the 991GT3/RS forum and its obvious he's simply trolling RL. I have no doubt Nur93 is into his car(s), but the reason he posted comments in both threads was to stir the pot. His comments in the thread in the RS forum is **** disturber extraordinaire.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 555 Posts

He owns both (or will soon), so I'm fine with his comments. At least he is playful, and not an .....
Old 05-24-2016, 02:43 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,102 Likes on 5,262 Posts

I have no idea what you're talking about, as I've only said two things about this car. One, that it looks like it jumped right out of the last Fast N Furious movie with that Civic wing and clown wheels. And two, it sounds like a weed wacker. Which, well, everyone can judge for themselves...

https://vimeo.com/167312914

Actually, it sounds just like the Husqvarna two stroke blower I use to clean my driveway.
The M4 GTS sounds better than your beloved 991.1 Carrera with or without the Sport Exhaust.

I would step back from the kool-aid, and understand that Nur93 is not trying to troll anyone or anything.

If you don't like the M4 GTS that's fine, and it's completely your perogative, but try to have some sense of decorum.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 05-24-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

I do think I as a GT4 owner and GTS owner could deliver something in this matter as I totaly understand original posters thoughts. Yes I stick to that that Porsche GT cars teend to be to common on trackdays. Thats a reason right there for GTS in my mind.

Was it the VW part that did get to you? Was It that part that made you go ***** out personal on the clown shoes and all other things?

Anyway, you will never ever read something like that from me trying to talk bad to people in a personal way.
I leave that personal assult things to those others. I see it like this, I try to type words down wich I should be able to read in 10 years time without I feel ashamed. It will not work every time, but for the most part.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:47 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

After giving it some more thought, I am not sure I answered the original poster's question either. I am considering the M4 GTS not as a GT4 replacement but possibly in addition. They are very different cars and for me, would create a very different feel. Variety is the spice of life and I like contrasts in my cars. If I had to give up the GT4 for it, I don't think I would. So, to answer your question, I would get a GT4 over the GTS if it has to be one or the other.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Peterk814
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do think I as a GT4 owner and GTS owner could deliver something in this matter as I totaly understand original posters thoughts. Yes I stick to that that Porsche GT cars teend to be to common on trackdays. Thats a reason right there for GTS in my mind.

Was it the VW part that did get to you? Was It that part that made you go ***** out personal on the clown shoes and all other things?

Anyway, you will never ever read something like that from me trying to talk bad to people in a personal way.
I leave that personal assult things to those others. I see it like this, I try to type words down wich I should be able to read in 10 years time without I feel ashamed. It will not work every time, but for the most part.
Sounds to me like you feel a bit self conscious about your 130k purchase and feel the need to lash out about your insecurities. Don't worry no one judges you for what you drive because no one cares about you. Go home to Sweden and bimmerpost.

Quick Reply: M4 GTS