Notices

VW Phaeton

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:36 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Gents thanks for the suggestions, we started it as an open forum following the pattern of the other non Porsche related RL subforums.
Perhaps we can create a shortcut/link in the OT, for those of you that don't browse any other place.
Would you like that?

No actually it was our idea, and last time I checked none of us worked for IB.

What don't you like exactly? I'm curious.
Do you feel the same about all the other non Porsche subforums?
Because you have 300 posts in the Fire^rms and Accessories one..
Have you not been paying attention for the past couple of weeks on what people are saying about this?

This is a car forum, if we are in the 993 area talking about a Ford Taurus, you move it to off topic, now they get moved to this idiotic forum where no one will look.

As to my posting in the firearms section, we have to post there about it because someone decided it was way to far "off topic" for off topic. The discussions would be more involved if you all wouldn't make a forum for every damned subject.

Are you guys going to make another one for the "I'd hit it thread" or any post involving *****? Quit over thinking everything.

I bet there will soon be a moderator, to moderate the moderators, and a sub moderator to mod that too.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
I think most within the RL community and those in OT especially view things like this... RL OT is a lot like putting your iPod on shuffle. For the most part you like what you get. If you don't you simply hit "forward" or in this case you simply don't click. Now if I want to listen to a particular group I listen to a vinyl record, a lot like me clicking on the 993 forum. Unless I want to learn something about another marque I'd likely never go there. I'll likely go to the marque specific forum. The reason I like OT's opinion is that we have Porsche sensibilities and opinion/advice will likely be along those lines.

All this sub forum seems to me is like a bunch of accountants and engineers got together and thought this made sense. Here's the good news, most don't think like that. Besides, I don't think there are so many queries along these lines that it clogs up OT. The only thing clogging up OT is Greg's (one of twenty) inane threads as of late

Originally Posted by slider172
I didnt even know "Other Marque Discussions" existed until yesterday when I accidentally wound up there.
I would agree that other car discussions are a large part of OT and Ot will be somewhat watered down(further) without them.

Thanks for the interesting perspective.
I for one think that the OT is not the center of this Porsche community.
The idea for this new subforum had nothing to do with it.
It made sense that since we already have a watch section, a Fire^rm etc, to create a subforum for our non-porsche cars.
I believe that it serves the community well.
So far mostly/only folks that frequent the OT have a problem with it.
That is why I am leaving permanent redirects when moving a thread and suggested to add a link to this section directly from the OT.(if it's technically possible)

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Because this is burying threads where no one sees them. If IB wants more clicks, then they might as well leave threads in a location where people will click on them.

I guess if you want to raise the profile of the "other marques" section of the forum, then there are ways to do that as others have suggested, but right now it is forum Siberia.
Trust me on this, IB and clicks have nothing to do with this subforum. It might happen but this was not our goal.

Originally Posted by SeanR
Have you not been paying attention for the past couple of weeks on what people are saying about this?

This is a car forum, if we are in the 993 area talking about a Ford Taurus, you move it to off topic, now they get moved to this idiotic forum where no one will look.

As to my posting in the firearms section, we have to post there about it because someone decided it was way to far "off topic" for off topic. The discussions would be more involved if you all wouldn't make a forum for every damned subject.

Are you guys going to make another one for the "I'd hit it thread" or any post involving *****? Quit over thinking everything.

I bet there will soon be a moderator, to moderate the moderators, and a sub moderator to mod that too.

So, you don't like subforums at all. Right?

https://rennlist.com/forums/6222242-post12.html
Old 12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

Of course now that the "permalink" has fallen off the first page of OT it gets no constructive responses.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Freddy, The Phaeton is a cool car. Resale is crap though, but I'm sure you know that. A pla bought one, got a helluva deal compared to the A8 - saved 15K. When it came time to trade.... ooops cost him more like 25 compared to the A8.

Best,
Old 12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point, I don't think resale is much of a concern. They seem to range in price from $12K for a high mileage driver to $30K for a low mileage four seater. $20K will buy you a nice one. Repair and maintenance costs will likely be higher than depreciation going forward unless you buy a mint low mileage example and then put a lot of miles on it.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

To the dustbin.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I tested one in 2007, loved it. Could not come around to paying that much for a VW.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251423459868...#ht_2428wt_979

If anyones looking for one I am selling mine now No Reserve. Its a nice clean car that has been a great daily driver for us. Hope it finds a good home.

Quick Reply: VW Phaeton