Notices

My Lamborghini order was cancelled - Wondering if any one has any suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 11:51 AM
CHALKGT2RS
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts
Unhappy My Lamborghini order was cancelled - Wondering if any one has any suggestion?

Here is a short description of what I am going though:

I really loved the Lamborghini Huracan Tecnica when it was first released and wanted to have one so I paid a $30,000 deposit by wire transfer to an out of state Lamborghini dealer back in June and provided the build sheet which was inputted into Lamborghini's system before all new orders were frozen. At the time, I spoke to the GM as well as my sales person and was told that once the build sheet is locked into Lamborghini's system the deposit was non-refundable. I had no doubts what so ever about the purchase so I confirmed my interest and wired them the deposit. At no point during the process did the dealership GM or the sales person ever mentioned that there is even a slight chance that I might not get the car. Through out the process they kept saying that I am guaranteed a Tecnica, however the timeline is 12-16 months. The timeline was fine with me as I was promised the car at MSRP and given the current situation that is not out of the norm. In preparation for this I sold my 2019 GT3RS and have now settled down with a 718 Spyder and my Turbo S but I dearly miss my GT3RS.

Last week I got a voicemail from the sales person asking me to call him about my order. I was overseas but I still called him and he told me that he did not have an allocation for my order so my order has now been cancelled and he will wire me back the deposit I paid 4 months ago. This is not okay with me so I wanted to share this information with you and ask if there is a resolution to my problem? Can the dealership actually do that? None of the paperwork I signed mentions that there is a chance that my order may be cancelled.

Can you guys please help me? Is there any legal recourse? I am literally heartbroken at this point.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:00 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,519 Likes on 812 Posts

Are you ready to spend thousands of dollars along with months of your life if not more and take the dealer to court over what you just described? That's your only recourse if you truly believe you've been wronged.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:02 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 212 Posts

I don't think you have any recourse as there's no such thing as guaranteeing an allocation and car. They'll just say the manufacturer prevented them from being able to fulfill the order. That really sucks but I don't think there's much you can do about it. Maybe ask them as an act of good faith to give you first priority on the next allocation that comes available even if it takes a while. Tell them you want to create a long-term business relationship with them and speak with the GM about it to see if there's anything they can do to get you another allocation. Maybe they can trade one with another store somehow, worth a shot at least.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 10-17-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: My Lamborghini order was cancelled - Wondering if any one has any suggestion?