Notices

Thoughts on the C8 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 05:15 PM
Raybold7
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Corvette UK got back to me. Delivery would be the end of 2024! Price would be list and they want a £10k deposit to place the order.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:05 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

forgetting about price and availability, my take is z06 over porsche unless want a stick shift which makes the gt3 the choice. reason being the z06 is basically a ferrari speciale aperta. same open top, screaming na v8. and the aperta is so valuable, its too risky to use as intended. z06 even at 200k can still be driven daily and tracked.

gt4 rs will be more agile but compromised for street due to stiff suspension and droning intake at street rpm. 3rs is too dependent on downforce to differentiate it from gt3 and im not willing to take risks life and limb to get into downforce on high speed corners like esses at glen. and the buttons seem like either gimmick or too complex to use. z06 with z07 and cf wheels should feel almost as agile as the porsches while the motor will make up for any short comings elsewhere.

other reason to take porsche might be it will hold up better on heavy track useage. extra 400lbs will cause high wear and tear on vette. and while gt porsches fail on track too, i believe it will do better when doing 25 days/yr. but if only doing less 10/yr and lots street driving, z06 hands down regardless cost. and then when factor in price, its game over porsche.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the C8 Z06?