Notices

Touareg TDI gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 04:57 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts
Default Touareg TDI gen 2

Thoughts on the longevity of the car in general? I have an opportunity of buying an R that was built for an exec at the Pueblo VW plant in Mexico. The current owner, an Argentinian bought it from him and is selling it. I’ve read horror stories about HPFP failures and how to avoid having the proble. Due to Dieselgate there aren’t alot of them around and few for sale with high mileages (over 200,000 mi) and I wonder if any ever made it that far. It seems like a very nice plain version of the chassis shared with Q7 and Cayenne and that makes it desirable for Mexican touring.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:20 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
Thoughts on the longevity of the car in general? I have an opportunity of buying an R that was built for an exec at the Pueblo VW plant in Mexico. The current owner, an Argentinian bought it from him and is selling it. I’ve read horror stories about HPFP failures and how to avoid having the proble. Due to Dieselgate there aren’t alot of them around and few for sale with high mileages (over 200,000 mi) and I wonder if any ever made it that far. It seems like a very nice plain version of the chassis shared with Q7 and Cayenne and that makes it desirable for Mexican touring.
Great vehicle. Even better if the dieselgate repairs have been done. 30+ mpg

I owned one for 8 years and ran it for 238k miles. Loved it. Also had DPF, NOX sensors and turbo problems as are well documented.

Post-Dieselgate repaired cars have extended warranty to my knowledge. Good performance and fuel economy, space, comfort, size and style.

Also a solid towing platform which is relatively unknown.

Quick Reply: Touareg TDI gen 2