Notices

Planet EV

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:56 PM
aways
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Planet EV

So I'm on my way to Costco waiting at a light and some kid in a black Tesla model S pulls up on my right. I know better than to even think about it. Light turns green and I start normally. Out of the corner of my eye I see a silent black shadow shoot by like it was literally launched out of a cannon -- as though it was already going 50mph when the light changed. I've never seen a street car accelerate that fast. Cars have evolved so much over the past decade. 400 hp with 325 ft-lbs of torque mean nothing when a woke mom with a Tesla taking her kids to soccer practice can blow your socks off without even trying. Yes, the same for a Taycan Turbo, but they're not dime a dozen like Teslas... Now I see they have a roadster that can do 0-60 in 1.9s. That is so sick, and dangerous. Pedestrians better watch out or they'll get flattened. You can't hear it coming, and it's coming faster than a human could react. Anyway, just rambling cause I'm bored... lol
Old 04-15-2020, 11:49 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I hear you (but not the EVs) and I agree that it really is amazing, and one of the best times to be a motor-head (with money).

Quick Reply: Planet EV