Notices

Anyone Here A Vintage Wooden Boat Enthusiast...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:40 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Anyone Here A Vintage Wooden Boat Enthusiast...?

We've got a place on a lake up in Northern Wisconsin, and while we have a great ski and wakesurf boat for all the water sports we love (we've got a 22' 2014 Moomba LSV), I've been increasingly drawn to the beauty and aesthetics of vintage wooden boats to add to our fleet.

I've been ogling some pre-war Chris Craft boats in the 19'-22' length, and I particularly like the "barrel back" boats as they just look awesome on the water and they sound even better. That said, I know next to nothing about them other than I love the way they look and what I have learned so far from what I've dug up on the internet on care and maintenance... So figuring that a love for all things Porsche may very well carry over to a passion for vintage Chris Craft boats, I'm hoping that somebody here may have some experience with ownership and caring for these beasts. If so, I'd love to pick your brain as I try to get educated on these boats . TIA to anyone who cares to share their thoughts and experiences!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:58 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Looking for anyone’s experience with these beauties as I’ve got my eyes on a 19’ 1939 Chris Craft Barrelback that I just can’t stop staring at . This is actually a 1942, but you get the idea ....

Old 08-30-2019, 12:00 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Default I Pulled the Trigger ....

Just to close the loop on this thread, I ended up buying a 1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout last August. We spent the winter restoring her and we got her back on the water over Memorial Day, and we’ve had a full summer thoroughly enjoying this sweet old girl .... Here are a few pics from this summer, plus a short video clip cruising with my parents.

Happy early Labor Day, we’ll be up at the lake cocktail cruising in Lake Girl

The following users liked this post:
Cayman292 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 12:29 AM
Cayman292
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Gorgeous boat! You’re a lucky guy. Safe sailing.

Quick Reply: Anyone Here A Vintage Wooden Boat Enthusiast...?