Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from China, Ordered a censored 2.0T Spyder 718

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 04:16 AM
toy car
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from China, Ordered a censored 2.0T Spyder 718

I recently made a deposit on a censored P300 4-cylinder Spyder 718 with a PDK. Despite having a chassis and powertrain similar to a Boxster T 718, it cost me nearly $100,000 here. The car, manufactured in Osnabrück, is now at the dealership. I noticed that while the configuration list includes a Race-Tex package for $3,000, the steering wheel and gear **** are only leather, not as described on the website. Unlike in the Western world, this car is marketed here as a luxury vehicle for young women. Many of the drivers I've seen are female.

After a test drive, I paid a deposit and enjoyed the driving experience. However, the manufacturing location and the discrepancy in the Race-Tex application have made me hesitant. Should I consider requesting a refund?
Some extra story: The standard 718 6-cylinder 4.0 NA with a manual gearbox is not available for sale in China. In fact, no Porsche models sold in China currently come with a manual transmission. Recently, they introduced the Spyder RS, which has a price tag of around $300,000 here.

Quick Reply: Hello from China, Ordered a censored 2.0T Spyder 718