Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

987.1 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 09:43 PM
dp741
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987.1 Cayman S

Hey there everyone, I purchased a Cayman S two years ago and have been lurking on the forums since. I finally have a couple things to post, so I thought that I would sign up.

My car has just about 110k on it and has been quite a journey refurbishing it. When I acquired it, all four wheels were severely bent, the tires were so old that the rubber was hard and they were super slippery despite having tread, the seat had a rip in it, the engine was throwing check-engine codes, and the suspension was completely shot. All this has been corrected by PPM German Auto out in Walnut Creek and the car has been a blast. Unfortunately, I now have way more into it than I could resell for, but hopefully the 987.1's begin appreciating soon!

This car gathers more compliments than anything I have ever driven. Including cars costing far more. I believe the 987 S is an underappreciated gem, held back by it's larger brother due to Porsche's engine size selection. The chassis can clearly handle far more power than it has. But the engine sounds and feeling are just awesome. I haven't driven a 911 of similar vintage, but I think the emotion the Cayman with the feeling of the engine strapped onto your seat like a backpack, with everything including injector spray when you floor it being audible, would best it.

Quick Reply: 987.1 Cayman S