Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Finally have a 9xx, which I've wanted since I was wee!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 03:06 PM
tonweight
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally have a 9xx, which I've wanted since I was wee!

Hello, Rennlist! Long time lurker, first time registered.

Picked up a lovely Guards Red 1987 924S at an equally lovely price point for a "wrenching car." It's got some odd issues, but I'm ready to dive in! Just tooling up and reading through manuals and such has me ready to spend as many weekends before wintertime as I'm able getting it back to road-worthy.

Runs and drives okay, but definitely needs some TLC after sitting for at least 8y. First throws are going to be dropping and refurb-ing the tank, water pump and timing belt, and probably hunting through the electrics (since there's at least one fault somewhere).

As a software guy, I'm super interested in ECU and some of the aftermarket there (especially some of the SMD replacement boards and solid-state relays I've seen). Mine will likely be a Frankenporsche, but it will be "mine."

Glad to be here, and grateful for all the resources I've seen (and will) over the years!

I'll (hopefully) track my progress here: https://924.eldritch.fun
Old 08-26-2024, 04:12 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 274 Likes on 247 Posts

Congrats and welcome!
The following users liked this post:
tonweight (08-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Finally have a 9xx, which I've wanted since I was wee!