Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

License plate question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 10:31 PM
John SB
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate question

My 2016 Targa requires a front plate in CA. After looking at some threads, I bought a Craven Speed Platypus frame that fits into the tow hook. My Porsche dealer said they drill into the front to mount the plates, and I didn’t want to do that. My question: I blocked off the parking sensor as instructed by Craven Speed because the plate location sets it off. However, programming the garage door opener requires me to utilize that sensor. Two questions: can I use the other sensor not covered by the plate to program the garage door opener? Second question:does the Targa garage door open feature work from the sensor I covered up, or does the signal come from somewhere else on the car? So far, I’ve had no success whatsoever programming the car’s garage door open feature. I’ve tried with the plate and sensor completely off and I still can’t get it to respond to my garage door system. Any info would be appreciated..
Old 08-22-2024, 02:02 AM
Cayman292
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

If you don’t have a center radiator and are moderately handy, you could mount the plate in the center like I did on my Cayman. The only holes are straight up and in the plastic of the piece in the center below the bumper. If you want I can send more pictures. Targa’s are a great model.
Old 08-22-2024, 02:06 AM
John SB
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I know I can drill it. I wondered if there might be other option that I hadn’t thought of.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:55 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 976 Posts

Have you considered this option?

https://licenseplatewrap.com
Old 08-28-2024, 02:57 PM
Kshaw
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

An option that I have been considering is to purchase a sheet of thick Kydex plastic, make a 90 degree bend in the plastic with a heat gun, and attach bottom part to the bottom of the car with some 3M dual lock tape.

Quick Reply: License plate question