Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.
View Poll Results: How was your new 911 purchase experience?
It was a thrill - like buying a new 911 should be
100.00%
Love the car but dealership spoiled the experience
0%
It was acceptable - just OK
0%
it took a body part to make it happen
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

My 992 purchase story

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024 | 09:35 PM
RS992
2nd Gear

Default My 992 purchase story

I am new to forum and would like to share my new 992 CS purchase experience. It took me nearly 4 years to be able to make it happen (from when I fist put a deposit on a different model). I am curious regarding others' purchase experiences.

I honestly struggle with the fact that I really love my new 911 (purchased late May 2024) but I have such a dislike for how Porsche allows its customers to be treated by its dealership network.

I do not speak well of the Porsche brand and its treatment of customers. I do speak well of its products, but I do warn any potential buyers that they will likely have to go through some serious disappointments if they plan to purchase a new Porsche vehicle, particularly a 911.

Purchasing a new 911 should be a thrill, not an odyssey of disappointments and stories of condescending customer treatment.

I had to buy my new Porsche 911 more than 500 miles away from my home in order to find a dealership that treated me with respect. The dealerships near my home treated me as if they were doing me a favor if they were to sell me a car for way more money than MSRP. Granted things have calmed down a bit.

Now that you finally have your car, did most people also have a similar experience? - this is not a rant session, just curious about the buying experience for most people who were not willing to make "donations to the dealerships" in order to get their cars.
Old 07-25-2024 | 12:14 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Congrats on your new 911.

I’ve purchased Porsches from several different Porsche dealers over the years. While some have certainly been better than others, the overall experience was good at all of them.
The following users liked this post:
RS992 (07-26-2024)
Old 07-26-2024 | 10:06 PM
RS992
2nd Gear

Thank you. Surety, Covid adversely impacted the customer experience. Perhaps in some places more than others
Old 07-28-2024 | 11:04 AM
Hagen
Track Day

Congrats

Quick Reply: My 992 purchase story