Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from new member

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2024 | 10:21 PM
Craig_Z
4th Gear

Default Hello from new member

Hello all. Just bought a 2003 986 from an auction as a project for me and my son to work on this summer. Bought it off of the pictures only. It was delivered Tues and we certainly have more of a project than I anticipated. Discovered it has a sheered control arm, an issue with the throttle, a bad window regulator and the front trunck belly pan is torn through by impact. Most distressing to my son is that the radio won't turn on. This is our first Porsche, but something we were both interested in doing.

We've already ordered a new control arm and throttle position sensor. Tore apart the door to get at the window regulator this afternoon and will order that part shortly. We will have a big decision ahead of us to either resurrect the original "digital" radio or install a new one that has bluetooth. The belly pan (not sure what it is actually called but it's the metal pan that makes up the front trunk) is the most confusing. Not sure if it can be replaced easily or where to source such a part.

We look forward to using this great resource to help out our project.

Quick Reply: Hello from new member