Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New to P-Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2024 | 08:55 AM
SuperSport429
4th Gear

Default New to P-Car

Have been viewing this site and others for years trying to learn more about Pcars, and Pcars for sale, etc. Takes awhile to understand the lingo with these cars, 997, 992, chronological order not being Porsches thing makes it even more difficult. So after years of looking, I picked up a 991.2 3RS last week. Put about 100 miles on it so far, love it. This is the first non US domestic performance car that I've owned. Chose this over Ferrari, Mac, Lambo etc for a couple reasons. Reliability, hopefully lower cost of service, and performance. The kicker was April of this year when I ran a SCCA track day at Sebring and noticed that Porsche is pretty much enshrined on the paddock walls as the 12 hour race winner for decades. I will track this car a time or two, but have dedicated track cars that see the majority of the track time. Home course is Road America and I hit other Midwest tracks as well. Wintering in Florida, I've been knocking iconic tracks off my bucket list; Daytona last year, Sebring this year. Some of the other performance cars that I am currently running are; '23 Z06, '16 Viper ACRE, '14 Z/28, '19 ZL1/1LE, '11 ZR1, '19 ZR1 ZTK 7M. Also owned and tracked in the past a GT350, and '15 Z06. Picked up a former ASA symmetrical stock car that is set up with coil overs, penske's, etc and ran it at Road America last year, and will do same again this year. Spent 5-6 years running dirt modified cars on dirt ovals. My impression of the 3RS in just the 100 miles on the street, I'll say the RS has a street feel similar to the ZL1/1LE, as the ZLE also has ditched poly/rubber suspension bushing for metal. Looking forward to more time in the RS, and learning more about the car as I go. Will post in the proper sub forum for tips on track set up for this car, but thought I'd do an intro here
Old 07-11-2024 | 04:55 PM
bheitzma
5th Gear

Welcome. You’ve got quite the stable of cars
The following users liked this post:
SuperSport429 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-12-2024 | 02:06 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Welcome!