Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 01:19 PM
splashdown
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New here

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I found it by doing some searches for tech info a few times and google searches keep landing me here. I'm over on the Cayman Register under the same user name.
I bought my 07 Cayman S in the summer of 2023, so less than a year ago. The car is in great shape and is approaching 86k miles. The car was well maintained by previous owners and came with a lot of it's maintenance records.
I've enjoyed a few social events, car shows and a couple of tours with our PNW chapter of PCA. I did a drivers skills event in February, but I don't plan to track the car or autocross much.
I'm an engineer and not afraid to get my hands dirty. I do some basic maintenance work myself when I can.
I am a disciple of Lake Speed Jr., Charles Navarro and Jake Raby when it comes to maintaining these cars.
I did my first oil change in January with DT40 and installed the LN spin on filter adapter. I sent my first oil sample to Speediagnostics and it seems that then engine is healthy. I'll build a trend with a sample of every oil change.
In April I bought and installed the PCCM+ and also changed my air filter.
I'm not into modding my cars, but that factory exhaust tip has to go, so I've got a Fabspeed X pipe on order. That's all of the mods I plan to do. I just want to keep it clean and simple.
Old 06-02-2024, 02:15 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 976 Posts

Welcome!
Old 06-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Dweeble3000
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Old 06-04-2024, 08:10 AM
ChrisNick123
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have another Cayman owner on board, especially one who enjoys getting their hands dirty. Sounds like you've been busy giving your new ride some TLC, and it's awesome that you're following the wisdom of the Porsche maintenance gurus.

An oil change with oil analysis at the first opportunity is a fantastic way to establish a baseline for your engine's health. The LN spin-on filter adapter is a popular upgrade for convenience, and continuing with oil analysis will help you monitor your engine's condition over time.

The PCCM+ upgrade is a great addition for improved infotainment, and a new air filter is key to maintaining good engine performance. The Fabspeed X-pipe sounds like a nice touch for a bit more exhaust note without going overboard – keeping it clean and simple is definitely a winning approach for a Cayman.

If you have any questions about maintenance or repairs, or just want to chat about Caymans in general, don't hesitate to ask! There's a wealth of knowledge here on the forum.
The following users liked this post:
splashdown (07-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 05:37 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 274 Likes on 247 Posts

Welcome!

Quick Reply: New here