Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member - not a current Porsche owner but will be soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024 | 08:37 PM
Darkwing668
Rennlist Member

Default New member - not a current Porsche owner but will be soon

Long-time Audi and Benz owner but always been a fan of Porsche, particularly 911s. Wife always pushed back on buying one, or any sports car for that matter, because we have 4 kids. Made sense since I'm responsible for carpooling my kids to and from school, and our world revolves around them . Few years ago bought my wife new Benz GLS450, donated my 2010 Benz GL350 Bluetec to wounded veterans charity and placed order for MY23 Range Rover P530 LWB 7-seater, which got changed to MY24 and most recently to MY25 with no sight on an allocation.

Started looking at 2024 Porsche Cayenne models last month and by chance my local dealer had one available build allocation for Cayenne Coupe. Canceled RR order and spec'd a 2024 Cayenne Turbo e-hybrid Coupe with expected delivery in Sept. To say that I'm excited to be a first time Porsche owner and will have the fastest SUV (while being mildly environmentally conscious) in school carpool lanes is an understatement. Looking forward to becoming a long-time Porsche owner and hopefully an eventual owner of a 911...after I get a few kids out of the house.