Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New to the Porsche family

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024 | 10:24 AM
LemansBoiler
1st Gear

Default New to the Porsche family

Hello all, I’ve been on the hunt for a 991.2 for some time and finally managed to find the right car.

I was a Corvette guy for 12 years. It was always fun but the car slowly developed into a less comfortable/louder/hotter/attention grabbing track toy for the street. I’m 6’7” so the springs were removed from the drivers seat and headliner removed to fit with a helmet. The car made over 600 hp, which was fun, but the camshaft and headers that got me there also tainted some of the enjoyment of casually using the car. I wish I could’ve kept the car but as soon as you see your own P car in the driveway, that all washes away.

It took me over a year of hunting, but I’m glad I took my time. We purchased a 2017 4S with PDK, 18-way seats, rear axle steering, sport steering wheel, and sport exhaust.

We’re already getting to do things the Corvette never allowed. What a car!

Last edited by LemansBoiler; 05-11-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2024 | 07:50 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Congrats! You’ll love the Porsche world!
Old 05-11-2024 | 08:05 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Congrats, enjoy!

Quick Reply: New to the Porsche family