Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.
View Poll Results: Should I keep taking a look at this one?
Yes
0%
No
0%
RUN
0%
It is complicated
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Prospective new owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2024 | 02:48 AM
ziggyman77
3rd Gear

Default Prospective new owner

https://porscheseattlenorth.max.auto/vehicle/75084804
Trying to get this, waiting for PPI to come through. Any red flags? Would the warranty be worth it if I could get it for essentially 1600$?
Old 04-06-2024 | 03:33 AM
ziggyman77
3rd Gear

Default Shoulda mentioned...

Hi, name is ziggy. Come from the PNW area, trying to get myself into a cayenne with air suspension for my gravel road.

I like all sorts of cool stuff, mechanical, outdoor, and more. But am at the moment disabled. I've got enough saved up to do some digging for a cayenne so here we start.
Old 04-06-2024 | 12:00 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Hello and welcome. I think the short answer to your question is: It depends.

The mileage alone doesn’t worry me too much at that price point. My bigger concern for a vehicle like that is future repair and maintenance costs. I’d want to see service and repair records before purchasing a vehicle like that. If you have a complete service history on the vehicle, it has been maintained according to the recommended schedules, and known problem areas have been addressed, then it could be a good deal. If you have no records at all, then it could be a money pit. I owned a first generation Cayenne S for ten years and put nearly 150,000 miles on it. It was reliable, but I maintained it properly and made repairs as necessary (including servicing and rebuilding the air suspension system). I sold it after ten years because I wanted something more modern and because repair bills were becoming more frequent and more expensive.

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2024 | 03:53 PM
ziggyman77
3rd Gear

Default Thanks!

I plan on getting all of the info about about what the warranty covers and seeing if I can almost immediately use it to my advantage if issues pop up

Quick Reply: Prospective new owner