Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Modified 997.1 C4S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024 | 11:31 PM
JKhlok
Rennlist Member

Default Modified 997.1 C4S Owner

Hello RL,

Over the last several years, my personal goal has been to own, experience, and modify as many unique cars as possible. To give you an idea, the cars that I’ve owned include:

- 1991 Acura NSX
- 1993 Toyota Supra
- 1992 Nissan Skyline (R32)
- 1998 Nissan Skyline (R34)
- 2003 Porsche 911 Targa
- 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo X50
- 2007 Porsche Carrera S Aero Car
- 2006 Porsche Carrera
- 2006 Aston Martin V8V (speed yellow)
- 2007 Aston Martin V8V (black onyx)
- 2012 Maserati GT MC
- 2013 Maserati GT
- 2008 Bentley GT
- 2007 Lotus Exige S
- 2010 Audi R8 (gated manual)
- 2016 BMW M4

and much more.

After owning all of those cars, I’ve determined that 911 was my all around favorite car, specifically the 997 chassis.

As a father of 2, having back seats is convenient in the event the kids want to ride in the car. I love the styling, engagement, handling, and overall presence of the car.

Late last year I ended up trading my 2007 Lotus Exige S for a super clean and tastefully modified 2006 Porsche Carrera (base) with only 33k miles and a 6MT. After 4 months, I was buttoning up some aesthetic upgrades to the car and parked next to a friends C4S after attending a local cars & coffee event and noticed the difference between a NB and WB for the first time.

I ended up selling my silver 997.1 C2 to an owner on the west coast and picked up a 2007 Porsche Carrera 4S.

The vehicle was built by Tyler Chavis with Chavis Performance Engineering here in Maryland. For those who aren’t familiar with him, he’s very well known for doing LS swaps to the 911 chassis.

While I understand the appeal of LS swapping a vehicle, I feel like the flat 6 is a distinctive feature to the 911 which I absolutely love.

The engine was removed and the following things were replaced while it was out:

- New clutch
- New flywheel
- New Coilpacks
- New Spark Plugs
- New AOS
- New Fuel Lines
- New vacuum lines
- New Stainless Steel Clutch Cables
- New Torque Solutions engine mounts
- New Water Pump
- New Thermostat
- New Coolant Tank
- New Brake Rotors
- New Ceramic Pads
- Oil changed
- Transmission fluid changed

To improve the performance of the vehicle, the following upgrades were also installed:

- Numeric Short Shifter w/ SS cables
- GT3 3rd radiator
- GT3 sway bars
- Rennline adjustable sway bar end links
- Bilstein B16 PSS10 adjustable coilover suspension
- Custom center exit exhaust

Aesthically, he did the following:

- 997.1 GT3 Aero Front Bumper Cover
- 997.1 GT3RS Style Rear Bumper
- 997 GT3RS style deck lid and wing
- 19” Work Meister S1 3-piece wheels w/ gold hardware
- Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating to match the freshly painted panels
- Alcantara GT3 shift **** and boot
- Alcantara Glove box cover

My priority is aesthetics over performance and I absolutely love the way the car looks and sounds.

I’ve only owned it for a few days now but I’ve done the Morimoto XB headlights, sidemarkers, and wrapped the OEM fog lights in yellow vinyl. The Morimoto red taillights are scheduled to deliver by tomorrow along with some other things.

Here are some photos that were recently taken over the weekend of the car and how it currently sits.

Hope you all enjoy.

Quick Reply: Modified 997.1 C4S Owner