Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New 987.1 on the Board

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024 | 10:49 PM
Cayman Pilot
AutoX

Default New 987.1 on the Board

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on Rennlist.

I picked up my 2007 Cayman (base, 5 speed) in Cobalt Blue Metallic (over Stone Grey) about 2 years ago. It was the first car I've ever purchased! I had a couple Mazdas and a couple Subaru WRXs before this, but all were new and leased. It's been a journey to get this car to where it is today, but I've enjoyed every second of it. I've had an obsession with Porsche since ever getting to drive a 997.1 S back in college, and I've loved getting to own one. I am hopeful to add a 997 to the garage at some point before too long, but this 987 has gotten me very familiar with the world of Porsche and the 9X7 cars as well.

My main focus since buying has been restoring the car to its former glory after the previous owner neglected a bunch of common wear items. I've done a suspension overhaul, brakes, Alcantara headliner and hatch trim, and a handful of other various factory upgrades. In addition, I've also been adding some factory options to my car, including PSE, XRR (Carrera Sport) wheels, red tail lights, and more.

Looking forward to kicking it out here on the forums!

Quick Reply: New 987.1 on the Board