Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Greetings from a recently retired Cayman driver

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024 | 11:40 PM
Blue GTS 4.0
3rd Gear

Default Greetings from a recently retired Cayman driver

I think I actually had joined this forum before, but when I retired in June, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to log in where I had used my work email ... Anyway, after driving a pair of 981 S cars (a 2014, then a 2016), I just recently bought a 2023 CPO 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (manual transmission), as my 2016 was a constructive total, with a $40,000 + repair estimate after a minor deer strike with little visually apparent damage. I had to have another Cayman, am not fond of the 4 cylinder turbos, and think a GT4 or GT4 RS would be too stiff and attention grabbing to use as a daily driver. Especially as I really like driving on the track (usually with PCA Diablo Region, or GGR Region), I had to have a GTS 4.0, couldn't find a new one to my liking. I got this Gentian Blue metallic beauty with 2,900 miles on it at a Southern California dealer (Ontario Porsche, nice folks.) Mods to date are Rennline rock guard grills installed to protect the radiators, already had track package PPF, have a track nanny from Tom at ******** to install so I can continue to put my foot down in third coming through turn 5 at Laguna Seca without blowing sound. Drove last Sunday with GGR at Thunder Hill West (the 2 mile course, first time for me on that, been on the 3 mile east a number of times), track was a little damp but not bad until around 2 pm when we got a biblical downpour. Driving home on the stock Pirelli P Zeros was a bit of a white knuckle experience - the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires I had on the 2016 are way better in the wet, IMO. Anyway, that's my story. Have enjoyed reading many posts here in the past and hope to have something to contribute from time to time - likely questions, maybe occasionally something resembling an answer to someone else's question.

My GTS 4.0 picture from the dealer