Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Porsche 911, Caymen, or Boxter? Need help thx! I’m a 1st time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024 | 02:11 AM
new-Porsche buyr
3rd Gear

Default Porsche 911, Caymen, or Boxter? Need help thx! I’m a 1st time buyer

Hello, I am going to buy my dream car this year; in the following months or so I’m doing my best to do some research. I have never owned a Porsche and it’s my dream car and hoping and praying to make it happen soon. If anybody who’s owns any of these 3 vehicles. Which one would anyone recommend? I’m a single man mid 30s, no kids, no bills, other than rent. Im looking for a fast, reliable car that I may take to work 2-3 days a week. I wana buy a used one budget of $50k or less. Also will need to have a manual and spoiler is a must! Thanks to anyone who reads this thread

Last edited by new-Porsche buyr; 01-17-2024 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2024 | 02:26 AM
ForeigNerd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by new-Porsche buyr
Hello, I am going to buy my dream car this year; in the following months or so I’m doing my best to do some research. I have never owned a Porsche and it’s my dream car and hoping and praying to make it happen soon. If anybody who’s owns any of these 3 vehicles. Which one would anyone recommend? I’m a single man mid 30s, no kids, no bills, other than rent. Im looking for a fast, reliable car that I may take to work 2-3 days a week. I wana buy a used one budget of $50k or less. Also will need to have a manual and spoiler is a must! Thanks to anyone who reads this thread
Hi there and welcome around!

I see we have some things in common besides the desire for a Porsche. If I were you, I'd spend some time reading about the big differences between a 911 and a Cayman/Boxster. The structure, engine, and purposes are oddly different despite a common-spirited capacity. Likewise, the prices do vary plenty and your budget of $50k (same as mine) will not grant many options for 911 (at least nothing newer than a 100k-mile 991.1 Carrera). As for the Boxster/Cayman, you can certainly find multiple vehicles on that range. Look into 981.2 with its enchanting engine. However, take into consideration that the Boxster has a soft top and may not be pleasant during the winter - unless you're also in SoCal. YouTube is your friend.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2024 | 11:03 AM
new-Porsche buyr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ForeigNerd
Hi there and welcome around!

I see we have some things in common besides the desire for a Porsche. If I were you, I'd spend some time reading about the big differences between a 911 and a Cayman/Boxster. The structure, engine, and purposes are oddly different despite a common-spirited capacity. Likewise, the prices do vary plenty and your budget of $50k (same as mine) will not grant many options for 911 (at least nothing newer than a 100k-mile 991.1 Carrera). As for the Boxster/Cayman, you can certainly find multiple vehicles on that range. Look into 981.2 with its enchanting engine. However, take into consideration that the Boxster has a soft top and may not be pleasant during the winter - unless you're also in SoCal. YouTube is your friend.

Good luck!
thank you will do! Can’t wait to buy mines!
Old 01-18-2024 | 09:51 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Welcome! I faced a similar decision many years ago when the Boxster was relatively new to the Porsche line. I was considering a new Boxster or a used 911 as my first Porsche. I drove both cars, and I was impressed with both. At that time in my life, I made the decision to buy a used 911 Carrera 4S coupe. It was a fantastic car and I loved it. I drove it well over 100,000 miles before selling it and buying a cabriolet. When I purchased the C4S, it was my daily driver and it was my only car. I lived in the Midwest and I drove it in winter conditions, so a coupe made more sense to me, as did an AWD car. A few years later, the Porsche became a third car in our house. At that point, a cabriolet made more sense to me. There’s nothing like driving a Porsche with the top down and hearing the flat six engine behind you.

Take your time, drive as many different Porsches as you can, and enjoy the hunt.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911, Caymen, or Boxter? Need help thx! I’m a 1st time buyer