Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Allocation Awarded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 10:54 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Allocation Awarded!

I’ve been a lifetime Porsche fan and have driven quite a few over the years. Always had it as a someday thing, but then started to attend the Porsche driving schools in Birmingham AL and someday started moving forward. I was really torn on what I’d want between the joy of the mid-engine layout in the cayman and boxster iterations and the classicism of the 911 platform cars. My time in Birmingham, plus my experience with my current tuned M5, taught me that I wanted a pure driving experience and that raw horsepower wasn’t the most important thing. In fact on the track I vastly preferred the cayman gts and the 911 GTS to the turbos I spent time in. I kept noodling on this and passively debating with myself until I saw a 22 911T on the lot at my local Porsche dealer. I got in touch and took a ride and was sold, I found the exact feel for which I had been searching. The car I drove was a PDK and while it’s an amazing shifter and clearly superior technologically, it lacks the tactile involvement I really want, so fortunately I was able to get a near term allocation to order what I wanted - a manual transmission 24 911T, build date April. Deposit is down, just trying to refine the details before my lock date. I’m old enough not to want to wish days away, but man I can’t wait for the next 6 months to pass!!! Excited to be here as a soon-to-be first time Porsche owner. No pics yet, but soon…

Quick Reply: Allocation Awarded!