Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Stuck Ignition Key

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 03:28 PM
JaxCarrera
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck Ignition Key

2001 Porsche Carrera 6 speed: recently drove car and when I went to turn it off the ignition key would not turn left or right or out. Drove the car home and stalled it out in the driveway to stop engine. Key will not turn at all and can't remove. The battery is fully charged and the problem occurred with the car running. There were no symptoms prior to problem other than occasionally having to jiggle the steering wheel to get the key to turn. Any advice from anybody that has had a similar experience would be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2023, 08:39 PM
JaxCarrera
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved, new electrical switch on ignition.
Interesting note: after stalling it out to get it to stop, the battery ran down because the key was stuck in the on position. After charging the battery and reconnecting it, I hopped in to see if anything had changed. Key was still stuck but when I depressed the clutch pedal, it started up. Was able to drive it to the shop instead of towing. Still wouldn't turn off and had to stall it out inside the shop.

Quick Reply: Stuck Ignition Key