Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

First Time Porsche Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2023 | 03:28 PM
dcg2
4th Gear

Default First Time Porsche Buyer

Hello,

Looking to purchase my first Porsche, Lots of questions regarding ordering process, time frame, etc.

Looking at a Boxster S - https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR64NHU2

Any help would be appreciated. Even if it's directing me to post questions in a specific forum.

Last edited by dcg2; 12-15-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2023 | 02:32 PM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

I happen to know where there is a very similar used 718 Boxster S if you have any interest ? Drop me a PM .

Where are you located also if you don't mind posting.
Old 12-16-2023 | 04:52 PM
OBG
Track Day

Nice spec. I have a 2013 911 C2 MT bought new and a 2017 Boxster S PDK bought CPO. A few things to consider:
1) Do you need the power of the “S”? The base models have plenty of power for casual driving.
2) The PDK is very impressive. However, IMHO, it’s not nearly as engaging as the manual transmission. I enjoy the 911 more due to the MT.
3) My 911 has the base interior, the Boxster has full leather. Full leather is absolutely worth the money IMO.
4) Paint protection film is worth the money. I don’t have it on either car - mistake on my part. Especially true if your intent is to drive the car frequently.
5) A low mileage CPO can be just as nice as a new car if you can find a spec you like.

Obtaining the car is part of the adventure, enjoy the process. Good Luck

Old 12-18-2023 | 10:57 AM
dcg2
4th Gear

Originally Posted by WillyDaP
I happen to know where there is a very similar used 718 Boxster S if you have any interest ? Drop me a PM .

Where are you located also if you don't mind posting.
I appreciate that very much but I am not ready to order yet.

This is a reward for accomplishing a personal goal that is still in the process of being accomplished. Located in Pittsburgh, PA area.

Funny enough I spent A LOT of time in Omaha...

Last edited by dcg2; 12-18-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: need to change
Old 12-18-2023 | 11:08 AM
dcg2
4th Gear

Originally Posted by OBG
Nice spec. I have a 2013 911 C2 MT bought new and a 2017 Boxster S PDK bought CPO. A few things to consider:
1) Do you need the power of the “S”? The base models have plenty of power for casual driving.
2) The PDK is very impressive. However, IMHO, it’s not nearly as engaging as the manual transmission. I enjoy the 911 more due to the MT.
3) My 911 has the base interior, the Boxster has full leather. Full leather is absolutely worth the money IMO.
4) Paint protection film is worth the money. I don’t have it on either car - mistake on my part. Especially true if your intent is to drive the car frequently.
5) A low mileage CPO can be just as nice as a new car if you can find a spec you like.

Obtaining the car is part of the adventure, enjoy the process. Good Luck
Appreciate that insight very much, This car is in recognition for a personal goal being accomplished (next year) and will be used by myself and my wife. IT will be replacing our "fun car" a Mini Cooper S that was "hers" originally.

1. The S spec is me feeling like I shouldn't order a Porsche that isn't at least a little "goosed". I think I could appreciate the difference. I doubt my wife would. Having said that do I NEED the S? Doubtful as well. Are there any significant ongoing cost difference between the S and base?
2. Yeah I would order a MT if this car was going to be only mine. But my wife does not like driving an MT AT ALL. So it's PDK for this car.
3. I think I spec'd leather? Or am I misunderstanding the options?
4. I have PPF (XPEL Stealth) on my 2021 Bronco (which sees offroad use in the woods in PA) and LOVE it... Would definitely be wrapping this car and have already watched the videos about how to remove the mirrors and door handles for my "wrap guy".
5. Good advice. Not hung on HAVING to order, but am picky.

The 18 way vs the 14 way seats I assume will be something I have to sit in to decide. But any insights into anything I may be missing between these two options?

Thank you again for the insight!!!

Last edited by dcg2; 12-18-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: First Time Porsche Buyer