Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member Austin TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023 | 02:13 PM
Matt P
1st Gear

Default New member Austin TX

Howdy y'all, I just picked up a 1983 928s that needs a lot of help. I assume I will need a lot of help as well bringing this thing back to life. It is the quintessential barn find, as it's at in a barn for the last 20 years. Supposedly was parked to reupholster interior and should run fine... Supposedly. I'm going to drain all the fluids drop the fuel tank and replace the filter and fuel pump. Blow out the lines etc. Is there anything I should look out for with these cars after they've been sitting for a long time? Should I pull the plugs and injectors? The guy said it sat on stands with fuel and oil stabilizer. But 20 years is a long time.
Long time fan first time owner. I drove a 928s in the '90s and have wanted one ever since. Someday a 911. Looking forward to the adventure!

The following users liked this post:
WillyDaP (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023 | 02:33 PM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Welcome and we look forward to seeing your progress over the coming year/years? Looks like a big job, but great story that it is a true Barn Find!
Old 08-14-2023 | 10:31 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Congrats, sounds like a potentially epic journey, enjoy!

Quick Reply: New member Austin TX