Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Advice needed on choice of which model to purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023 | 01:05 PM
squeakyweasel
1st Gear

Default Advice needed on choice of which model to purchase.

Hi everybody, I’m having some trouble deciding on which model to buy. I’m in the fortunate position of having around £75k to spend and I thought I had decided on a 981 Boxster Spyder, but the poor rear visibility is putting me off.
My shortlist also included the Cayman/Boxster GTS 4.0 and 991 Carrera T.
I would prefer something a little different, hence the Spyder, but it’s going to be my daily driver, so practicality is an issue.
I would be grateful for any feedback!
Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
dr_konz (07-31-2023)
Old 07-31-2023 | 05:31 PM
dr_konz
3rd Gear

Personally I would take the 911 T- great car!
Old 08-10-2023 | 04:02 PM
Rich M
Advanced

I figured you would get several opinions by now and thought one more would be static...

Anyway, I am partial to the BGTS 4.0. I just passed the one year mark and the first service, and I absolutely love it. To me there is a big difference between convertible or not. I would only consider a convertible for my sports car. I prefer the looks of the 718 Boxster over the 911 cabriolet, so my choice was made for me. Add in wanting the 6 cylinder non-turbo, and it was BGTS 4.0. The BGTS 4.0 in your color choice is beautiful in person. There is not a single thing I would change about my car - other than I wish I had ordered race-tex sun visors

I'm sure the 991 T is great as well, I'm certainly not downplaying it. It just wouldn't be my first choice.

I also wanted brand new for my second and maybe last Porsche. Factory warranty and built to my taste. Maybe the same consideration for you?

If you can arrange it, test driving examples would be good.
Old 08-10-2023 | 04:22 PM
apw
Advanced

Hard to go wrong with a BGTS4.0. If budget is an issue the 2.5GTS, while not everyone's favorite, is still an excellent car on the street and track.

I daily a BGTS4.0 and yes, rear visibility is kind of a pain, but that's what the backup camera is for. It certainly assists in those situations where it seems like a fleet of F350's decides to park next to you.
Old 08-10-2023 | 04:41 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

A 718 Base is perfect for road use. Plenty of power for road use and none of the mechanical problems other models have!

Quick Reply: Advice needed on choice of which model to purchase.