Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member- GA US

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 11:25 AM
cbcznc
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Member- GA US

I am a new member. I signed up here after accidentally stumbling upon the 2023 Rennsport Dragon Rally at Fontana Village. I was staying at the resort and spending a few days on my 2016 Yamaha R1 which I race WERA Sportsman occasionally. The resort was about 50% occupied by the Rennsport Dragon Rally attendees, and what stood out to me was the warm welcome, and the unpretentious attitudes and kindness of the entire Rennsport community, and of course ....the cars!

Over the years I would occasionally stumble into a Porsche dealer and dream. Unfortunately, I was always met by some pretentious ***** of a salesman, who had no comprehensive ability to spot an unshaven blue-jean millionaire (well, hundred thosand-aire in my case). The experience always left a bad taste in my mouth, and I would leave rather disappointed by the whole experience...swearing I would never own a Porsche because they were a bunch of arrogant pretentious ******. I still don't understand the pretentiousness that's so prevalent in the ATL area dealerships, especially Hennessey in Roswell. A dealership that I will never return to thanks to a very large, very overweight dark skinned salesman whose pretentious attitude was masked by a thin veneer of superficial, ingenuine politeness. That guy should really work on his attitude. Well, as much as his attitude drove me away from Porsche, the Rennsport community quickly redeemed his sins and brought me back with their genuine kindness and warm welcome. Apparently, this Porsche Hennessey salesman had a chip on his shoulder about something, a chip that none of the actual Porsche owners that I met seemed to bear.

I am not currently a Porsche owner, well, not yet, but after experiencing the cars and the kindness and warm welcome of the Dragon Rally attendees I decided that I WILL become a Porsche owner as soon as possible. I just will NOT be making my purchase through Hennessey Porsche in Roswell. The unpretentiousness that seemed to permeate the entire Rennsport community, and the 2 guys from TN that I met and rode with on my R1 (OMGGT3, and another gentlemen who had just taken delivery of his pink 2023 Cayman GT4RS) are the reason I will likely become a Porsche owner soon. The kindness they showed to me and my son, and the unpretentiousness of the entire community was impressive. Although I do not currently own a Porsche I think we will make it a point to attend some of the Rennsport events in the near future.

I want to thank TN "OMGGT3", who I think owns a grey 991.2, and the owner of the pink 992 GT4RS. Their kindness, and good attitudes redeemed Porsche in my mind, and the fact that those 2 cars could almost keep up with me while I was reaching 52' lean angles on my 2016 Yamaha R1 was absolutely impressive.

I look forward to trolling the next Rennsport Rally with my R1 if you guys will have me. Great meeting some of the Rennsport community. OMGGT3 and the 23 GT4RS owner, you guys are great ambassadors for your community. Kind Regards!

Last edited by cbcznc; 06-25-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member- GA US