Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Long time listener... First time caller

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2023 | 01:06 PM
michaelhijinx
1st Gear

Talking Long time listener... First time caller

Greetings all,

I've been a Porsche 911 enthusiast my whole life, have researched the history and progression, as well as lurked on forums.
I've owned 5 bimmers between cars and bikes, but I'm at that wonderful point in life where I can finally join the 911 club!

I may have found the right one... pending PPI, but would like some opinions.
It's a completely base, no option 2014 991 C2 manual with 44k miles. Black on black, only modification appears to be HRE wheels and matte vinyl wrap.
It just had it's 40k maintenance performed a few months ago and everything seems to be in pristine shape aside from sunroof not working (just stopped within the past week), a few scuffs on the wrap, engine hatch struts, and some broken vent levers. Only damage in carfax history is minor rear end damage and I've been assured there are no paint issues under the wrap.

It'll be a weekend fun car, so I'm not too worried about additional luxuries like heated/ventilated seats... & while PASM & chrono would be nice, that's fewer additional components to worry about failing.

Asking price: $65k.
Original MSRP: $87,285.
It's hard to gauge based on not seeing any similar currently on the market without options as most new buyers tend to option it up.
KBB, carfax, and sales site estimates are all over the place, but I am thinking $60k would be a more than fair private party offer... especially considering thanks to the rennlist community I have found that it was sold through carmax 5 years ago for under $62k @ 29k miles, although I know the market prices have increased since the pandemic. So... Opinions?

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited by michaelhijinx; 05-28-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Long time listener... First time caller