Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

My First Porsche, My 997.1 VF Supercharged Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 04:15 PM
Sandelli
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My First Porsche, My 997.1 VF Supercharged Carrera 4

Hi all,

I’m new to Rennlist and the Porsche family. I’ve dreamt of owning a 997 since I fell in love with them in high school when they came out.

I had a chance to pick up one locally. My criteria was it had to be a “4” and a “6 SPD”.

When I found this car it had some mods I didn’t care for. But I saw a lot of potential.

Here’s the details,
  • 2006 Carrera 4, 6spd
  • 64k miles
  • Lowering Springs
  • Short Shifter
  • Cosmetic bits
  • Full PPF
  • Headunit w/Carplay
  • VF Engineering Supercharger

I’m hoping I can connect with the user “WaltB” as back in 09 I saw he had alot of experience with a supercharged 997.

my car is driving smooth. But it’s not making anywhere near the power it should. I do live in Colorado and I’ve had numerous people tell me I should run a smaller pulley. But I’m also curious what options I have for custom tuning since VF is tough to get help from and COBB doesn’t support this model year car.

here’s a photo of the day I picked her up.

And here’s a photo of after I cleaned her up to my liking.

things done,
  • Removed carbon hood wrap, gas cap wrap and all the red accents including on the wheels.
  • Black Center caps
  • Upgraded LED running lights (turn signals)
  • Roof Box
  • Vinyl wrapped center of wing to match the car
  • Put factory red tails back on

Thanks in advance, and any help directing me to WaltB would be so appreciated. I couldn’t send him a DM. But I’m new and still figuring this out.

Cheers,
Chris