Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member, on a “mission” (please help!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 01:18 AM
MTBDMD
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Member, on a “mission” (please help!)

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking this and other automotive forums for a long time. I figured it was finally time to join and introduce myself. I’m currently on a hunt for a specific car and am hoping joining the ranks of rennlist may make this easier.

Growing up my father had a slight (understatement) obsession with 911s. His first was a 1998 C2S and after several track events he decided he needed a “track beater” and added a 1993 RSA among other Porsches. It’s that car I’m trying to find. It was purchased in 1999 and sold in 2004. During his ownership it underwent quite a few modifications for use in open road competition.

After scouring some of the Porsche registries and assembling a long list of VIN numbers I finally found the VIN that matched the appropriate registration history and a google search revealed that the car was last sold on BaT in 2017. (Ironic for me as a I spend a lot of time on BaT and never thought to look through their archives for it).

I believe the purchaser at that time was at one point somewhat active on this forum, but I’m not sure he still has the car.

The VIN number is WPOAB2965PS419204.

here is a link to the old BaT listing. It was entertaining reading the comments on it and all the speculation regarding the sunroof delete. If I can find the current owner of the car I’d be happy to tell them exactly what happened.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-porsche-911-rs-america-3/#comments-anchor

any help in locating the current owner or whereabouts of the car would be greatly appreciated.

Here is an old pic from the road racing days:

The following 2 users liked this post by MTBDMD:
IXLR8 (04-24-2023), pirahna (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 03:32 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 406 Posts

Did you try sending them a private message on here?
Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums - View Profile: Jordan Pryce
The following users liked this post:
MTBDMD (04-26-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 02:38 AM
MTBDMD
3rd Gear

I tried, but it says I don’t have permission to send private messages. I’m not sure what I have to do to correct that
Old 04-27-2023, 09:32 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 406 Posts

@Jordan Pryce
Old 04-27-2023, 10:16 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I owned the car for a period of time. While in my care I returned it to stock condition and spend a significant sum of money repairing the poor bodywork where the car was rolled on its left side. When I sold it it was close to perfect. It was my second RSA and 4th 964. Feel free to reach out. Jordanpryce at gmail
The following users liked this post:
MTBDMD (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 01:39 PM
MTBDMD
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response. Email sent!

Quick Reply: New Member, on a “mission” (please help!)