Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

My first Porsche - a 944

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2022 | 01:20 PM
indisch_rot
7th Gear

Cool My first Porsche - a 944

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my first Porsche, probably not a the last.

I own a C3 Corvette which I absolutely love but it has proven several times that it's not fit for visiting trackdays. It's not a power problem, not even a handling issue - I'm rather afraid to get the car broken as it's made of plastic. During the trackdays I unexpectedly fell in love with 944s and I knew that this is what I need: I was searching for Turbos but finally ended up at a red, naturally aspirated 944 (1986). As days are passing by, I'm using the Corvette less and less and this little "track car" is growing on me... I'm not even sure if I'll take this one to the track as it's too nice to put it at risk I guess this is how people end up at crappy MX-5s for trackdays
This car drives so much better than I expected, I really enjoy every curve with it. I hope to get good ideas from the forum and also share my experiences if some needs it.