Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

In the market for a 2005-2010 911

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 12:03 AM
Uncle Charlie 55
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In the market for a 2005-2010 911

Hi all. Been looking for a while for a 911 in my price range of $40 - $45k. Found a 2005 Carrera S 6-speed manual (mandatory) for $39k. Looks great. Drives great. Kinda loud, but I don't mind that. Had a minor accident according to the Carfax that damaged the roof. It looked fine, and no other accidents were reported. I would be the 5th owner.

To me, the issues are it has 122k miles, and the IMS bearing has not been dealt with. The lot that has it specializes in high performance cars and the guy there said "If it hasn't been an issue yet, it won't be one." Sounds a little bull****ty to me, but this is why I'm here. Also, do these changes hands a lot or is that a red flag? The guy made a big deal about another 2005 I was looking at which only had 73K miles, but I would be the 9th owner. That sure seems like there's something going on.

So, even without the IMS bearing issue, is 122K a lot of miles for a Carrera S? I always thought that they pretty much ran forever with solid maintenance.

Thanks for your time.