Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

How in the world do you value each 930?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 09:47 AM
Formbus
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How in the world do you value each 930?

Howdy guys, I've lurked here off and on a few times over the years. Finally decided to take the plunge and I'm glad I did. Already learning a ton so thanks for all the free tips and advice.

So, I'm wanting to buy my first Porsche - I've zeroed in on a Targa between 1972-1989 (preferably with a delete on the hideous spoiler ). In a perfect world, it would be the Carrera 3.2 Targa. Anyway, my issue is that I am having the hardest time valuing these things. Mileage is easy, value adjustments for that make sense to me. But basically I just don't want to massively overpay here. Any recommendations on where to check for pricing data on the 3.2 Targas? I'm not trying to get a steal but also don't want to overpay and then on top of that wind up with engine rebuild plus other unexpected expenses. For now, I'm assuming I may need to dump 20k into one within the first couple years - hopefully not that high but I'd rather assume a bloodbath on repairs / maintenance. Budget here is complex - I'd prefer to be under 60k for the car since I already know I'm gonna want to do interior refurb, spoiler delete, ect. But I would do as high as 75k if someone had done rehab work. All that being said, it seems like the 3.2 models in decent condition sell for around 50k? Give or take 25k

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on here - I did spend 10 minutes searching but couldn't locate info on this.

Thanks for your tips / advice - really glad to be here. Cheers all