Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New in Chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 01:26 PM
nine16
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New in Chicago area

Last year I purchased my first Porsche, a 2002 986 Boxster S 6-speed. I did my own maintenance and added Fabspeed headers and exhaust, carbon fiber plenum and 74mm throttle body, all new double DIN stereo/amp/speakers, and a number of other projects. I also bought the Z-Art hard top because I really wanted a Cayman...

This Spring I found and purchased that dream car--a 2009 987.2 Cayman S with PDK, Sport Chrono and extended leather, as well as an amazing Capristo valved exhaust and headers. So far I've done the oil change and brake pads. I'm currently changing the plugs and coils, adding stainless brake lines and RBF600, refreshing the calipers with powdercoat and new seals, and servicing the PDK (new aluminum pan and filter/fluids). I built and wired my own hidden trailer hitch that installs in under a minute, and road tripped to Deal's Gap/Tail of the Dragon a couple months ago.

Now that I've got the Cayman, the Boxster will be leaving, but I've got other toys. I enjoy my V8 Raptor for extended dispersed camping trips including Moasb and Idaho so far, with Big Ben NP planned for December. I also have several motorcycles, some of which I've completely built myself.

2002 986 S

Z-Art hard top

987.2 with hitch

Invisible hitch removed

TOD

Stainless brake lines and other maintenance

The fleet

Ex Jimmy Adam Ducati 851 race bike

Ducati 996R

2 Stroke NSR250

Honda NX650 based scrambler project

Ducati 888 project in progress

Just west of Yellowstone in Idaho

Last edited by nine16; 08-08-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: New in Chicago area