Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 02:13 PM
carchrism5
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member

Long time reader of Rennlist and long history with Porsches from working at a shop in my college years (997 era). Was casually looking for a 997 for the better part of a year but came across a Porsche dealership selling a 996.2 with 15 pages of service records and low miles so ended up buying that as my first Porsche. Looking forward to learning a bit more because while familiar with 996s, it's been a while since I've been underneath one so need to spend some time refreshing my memory.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:16 PM
ABNJOE
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome! I am sure you will be giving out tips and pointers on the care and feeding of 996s and 997s in no time!
Old 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
carchrism5
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience was mostly with modifying them when they were new, was fortunate enough to drive nearly every 996 and 997 variant as well as some air cooled so I'm not coming in blind but maintenance is not a bigger thing ten years later. Also lots of new companies around and some of the other semi local shops are no more but Rennwerke and Deman are still around my area which is a good sign.
The following users liked this post:
Rick DeMan (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 11:15 PM
TheAdoptedGuy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new Porsche 986 owner

Looked at a 1998 boxster today and went to test drive it but it was buzzing and wouldn’t try to start. Had some water in the front with the battery as well. It’s got 27,800 miles on it so it seems liek a steal for $16,000. Not sure if I want it yet after learning of ims bearing failures and it probably sitting so long. I’m rather broke to be paying someone to fix something like that and semi scared to work on it. It’s not gonna be like my 2002 mustang that’s for sure. Let me know what y’all think. Thank you many! Evan O

Quick Reply: New Member