Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from Vegas!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022 | 06:09 PM
j_bird
Intermediate

Default Hello from Vegas!

Hey there - long time lurker, first time poster.

I bought my first Porsche, a 2018 Macan Sport Edition, in February 2022 and my wife soon found herself "borrowing" it instead of driving her Mazda 3.

We managed to convince each other that we should sell the Mazda, have her drive the Macan, and I get myself a 911. So last weekend, we flew from Las Vegas to Palm Springs, CA to pick up my 2001 Carrera Cabriolet and drove it the 4ish hours back through the canyons and desert. What a great ride!

I'm working through some cabriolet top issues at the moment (leaking passenger's cylinder and a clamshell that is suddenly stuck open) but it's been so long since I've wrenched something it feels good to have a project to tackle again.

And what a ride the 2001 C2 is - just the right blend of modern/analog that really connects you to the road (except I would love an aux in).

​​Looking forward to spending time here researching the inevitable issues that will come up.

Quick Reply: Hello from Vegas!