Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

new member, SW Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 02:54 PM
emmett_dearing
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking new member, SW Mississippi

hello all-
retired community college, automotive tech., teacher. Car nut since 1961 MGA 1600,purchased in 1964.
Had a lot of classics, but the only Porsche I've owned was a 1968 911 L, Targa with the zip out rear window. Beautiful red car.
I was running 100mph on !10, 16 mile bridge, when I saw headlites in the rear view mirror, no point in slowing down, I was caught!
Thankfully,It was a new Turbo 911, who flashed his lights as he roared by me. oh well!

looking for a new project, I've bought a 1986.5, 928s auto, Garnet red with red leather. The car had sat for 8 years. We aired up the tires, installed a new battery, poured 5 gas of fresh Premium gas, and pushed it outside.To everyones astonishment it fired up. I called the wrecker off, cleaned the windows off, and drove it home.
I spent $3500 so far and am awestruck at the parts cost for these cars. I need to do an intake refresh, so I'm saving my money.
The forum is wonderful, and invaluable to repair these cars. I just found out where the vacuum reservoir is located, and am wondering where the cruise control is hidden.
Oh yes, it has 18" 996 rims, with black powder coated centers, and a Momo steering wheel. Its very powerful looking with 265s on the back and 225s on the front.
I feel like a kid at Christmas,
Emmett Dearing
The following 2 users liked this post by emmett_dearing:
bayne (06-04-2022), quallzone (05-20-2024)
Old 06-04-2022, 04:12 AM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 141 Posts

Welcome. Loved the 928 since I was a teenager. Hope you get it sorted out.

Quick Reply: new member, SW Mississippi