Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member in MN

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
Project porch-eh
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member in MN

Hi Everyone,

Over the summer I got my first Porsche, it is a 2000 Boxster, that has seen better days. I have lusted after a Boxster for a few years now, historically I have always been a fan of German engineering but previously it was only BMWs and Mercedes (mostly from the late 80s and 90s). My new-to-me car has a few little niggles, and a concerning lack of maintenance history so I hope to be diving into some maintenance this winter while it sits in the garage. In addition to replacing fluids, I am planning to install a new water pump, belt, and thermostat. The car is also at 121k miles and an IMS replacement has not been documented so I will be throwing in a new IMS, clutch, and RMS. It looks like my spark plug tubes are leaking oil, so I will replace those and plugs while I am in there, and I have at least 1 torn cv boot. OH and I get really bad wheel hop when cornering and the shifter feels sloppy so I will hopefully round out the winter's work with a new engine and trans mounts, and a short-throw shifter.

I have always done all my own vehicle maintenance, so I am not too concerned about the work, but it is certainly not a small list. I really appreciate resources like the 101 Projects for you Boxster and HelpMeDIY over on Youtube. In addition to the work previously mentioned the car could use a bit of a suspension refresh but I think that will have to wait for the time being. I am sure the car needs new shocks, but not sure about springs or if I want to maintain the stock ride height etc. I will start ordering parts soon, and might even try to document a few of my repairs for future forum users. If you are based in the midwest or ever coming through the Twin Cities feel free to reach out!
Old 02-12-2022, 02:19 AM
Project porch-eh
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following users liked this post:
ABNJOE (02-12-2022)

Quick Reply: New Member in MN