Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022 | 09:02 PM
burkesd
2nd Gear

Default Hello from San Diego

Greetings,
Long time reader, finally registered. Have a speed yellow Boxster S and just picked up a black 968. Still looking for that "forever" Porsche to buy. Maybe back to a 944? I always said my 944 was a "work sports car."
-Kevin.
Old 02-11-2022 | 01:11 PM
suprnine
Advanced

Originally Posted by burkesd
Greetings,
Long time reader, finally registered. Have a speed yellow Boxster S and just picked up a black 968. Still looking for that "forever" Porsche to buy. Maybe back to a 944? I always said my 944 was a "work sports car."
-Kevin.
Welcome! I'm a couple of counties north of you but just a couple of hours drive away. I too am planning on adding a 944 to the garage later. Congrats on the 968!
The following users liked this post:
burkesd (02-12-2022)
Old 02-11-2022 | 02:42 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

I've seen a black 968 sitting in a driveway off Bennet street.
Neglected, unloved. I knocked on the door several times with no success.
Is this the one you scored?
Old 02-12-2022 | 03:28 PM
burkesd
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cgfen
I've seen a black 968 sitting in a driveway off Bennet street.
Didn't even know about that one! Did you try leaving an "Interested in selling" note? I got mine off eBay, out-of-state. I could see jumping at the chance to get a neglected 944 for cheap, since parts are more readily available than a 968. Not sure I'd want to get a neglected 968, but you never know. Maybe the engine is nice?? But then, how do you even check if the engine runs without risking that a decade-old timing belt breaks...

Quick Reply: Hello from San Diego