Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Greetings from Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 01:56 PM
987Nut
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Greetings from Scotland

This is my 2010 987.2 Cayman S, bought back in March 2015. The car is standard and used all year round in all weathers. I don't do track days and initially did not get involved with any Porsche groups. In 2017, I attended a local motoring event at which PCGB (Porsche Club Great Britain) had a display of some local member's cars. Membership followed and allowed me to meet a great bunch of new friends. This picture was taken during an annual weekend away that the local region of the club organises each October.

NW Highlands of Scotland, October 2018

Some more background, from a young age, I worked with cars, learning from my dad who was a decent amateur mechanic. Aside from one car (a C6 Corvette, bought while I was living and working in Texas back in 2005), I have never owned a brand new car and have carried out most maintenance and repair myself, even fully rebuilding some cars back 30+ years ago. Home maintenance has continued with the Cayman which is actually a fairly easy car to look after. It has suffered a few issues, but nothing really bad, over my seven years ownership.
The following users liked this post:
needmoregarage (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 08:39 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts

Welcome!
Old 12-14-2021, 11:34 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 669 Posts

Nice to see a good looking car on a "sunny" Scottish day. I used to make frequent trips to Aberdeen, last there in 2016. I hope The Grill is still there.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Scotland