Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Porsche owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021 | 02:24 PM
mflock
7th Gear

Default New Porsche owner

I am relatively new to the Porsche ownership world. I bought a 1986 944 Turbo (80,550 Miles) earlier this year. Red with black interior and phone dial wheels. I have been pleasantly surprised how much I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I don't know how it's supposed to feel but it drives like new in my opinion. I am also quite surprised at the power range. It's simply a very fun car to drive.

I have several questions right now.
1. The interior of this car is in "as new" shape. Are there car cover seats available? I would like to keep them this way so that when I eventually sell the car, the next owner gets the same level of originality. And, is there any treatment for the dash to preserve it's "as new" look?

2. This car has a chirping sound that comes from the dash. Sometimes it is loud but most times as you begin to drive you can barely hear it over the engine sounds. It's mostly annoying and takes away from the cars overall great sound. I have been told that it is a thermostat fan and that they are hard to find and when you go to replace it, other plastic parts typically break due to being brittle plastic and then there is more to replace. Does anyone have any experience with this annoying dash sound?

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-26-2021 | 12:16 AM
AR_Motorwerkz
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mflock
I am relatively new to the Porsche ownership world. I bought a 1986 944 Turbo (80,550 Miles) earlier this year. Red with black interior and phone dial wheels. I have been pleasantly surprised how much I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I don't know how it's supposed to feel but it drives like new in my opinion. I am also quite surprised at the power range. It's simply a very fun car to drive.

I have several questions right now.
1. The interior of this car is in "as new" shape. Are there car cover seats available? I would like to keep them this way so that when I eventually sell the car, the next owner gets the same level of originality. And, is there any treatment for the dash to preserve it's "as new" look?

2. This car has a chirping sound that comes from the dash. Sometimes it is loud but most times as you begin to drive you can barely hear it over the engine sounds. It's mostly annoying and takes away from the cars overall great sound. I have been told that it is a thermostat fan and that they are hard to find and when you go to replace it, other plastic parts typically break due to being brittle plastic and then there is more to replace. Does anyone have any experience with this annoying dash sound?

Thanks, Mike
Welcome Mike! By the way cool car! Try to post some pictures too!

Quick Reply: New Porsche owner