Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New 991.2 Base Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 02:49 PM
MTK1919
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 991.2 Base Owner

Well after a short love affair with a Jag F Type R Coupe, I am here with a new motor!

Unfortunately, after I scratched the surface of the Jag (which was amazing) and dug a little deeper, I just found it was lacking. Not in performance, noise or looks but just in quality and the all-round package. I totally get it and I am glad I gave it a go, but it wasn’t a long-term proposition for me.

So, the new car and the highlights.

991.2 Carrera Base (3.0TT)
Base specs too, apart from PSE and S wheels (Not even sports chrono!)
White exterior with Bordeaux interior
One former owner, FPSH, Warranty and with 32k miles on the clock.

The bottom line, its fantastic! The quality is so evident in lots of different little ways that it makes a big impact. The drive and handling are a world away from the Jag (much more than I expected). The power and noise is completely different, but I don’t feel like I am missing out even though the figures may suggest otherwise. The porker is just so much more efficient at making the most of what it has, that it bridges any performance gap (in my opinion).

My search was simple, I wanted a 911 but was open to spec, age, color, and options. If I was buying new, would I have gone for this spec? I am not sure……..however what I have learnt is what looks good on paper (or screen) is sometimes very different to reality and so I was open to giving anything a chance.

When I saw this, I knew it was the one. There was just something clean and crisp about it in white (my first white car incidentally) that just looked amazing…..and kind of more so in base spec! Before I viewed the car, I was hesitant about the interior but again thought I would check it out and give it the benefit of the doubt. Now just two days in, I couldn’t imagine this car with anything else. It’s a much darker red than what’s displayed in the pictures, and I love it. It’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea which I appreciate but if we were all the same it would be boring right!

For now it’s time to put what’s left of the Cup 2’s to good use and enjoy the car. A couple of my friends are talking me into a mild tune which will take it from 370 to circa 480 (which would be fun) but for now I am happy with it as it sits.

Cheers

Quick Reply: New 991.2 Base Owner