Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Took delivery 9/1 of this beaut

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 05:31 PM
waxincredit
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took delivery 9/1 of this beaut

Just took delivery of a CPO '17 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition in a very desirable flat white with a standard interior in black on 9/1. Had about 42.7k miles and well-equipped, considering it's a base model. Has Premium Package Plus and the 20-inch RS Spyder wheels in that Satin finish. Very sharp. I had the Llumar ceramic tint done on 9/3 and the clear bra protection done on 9/7. Delivery inspection was great and didn't even want to test drive; I've already driven the newer one for a couple weeks as a rental in Cali and racked up a couple thousand miles. I couldn't stand the plastic panel in the middle; preferred the buttons.

Came back and cleaned off ALL of the cheap interior finishing. Cleaned and conditioned the leather, as well as clay bar and ceramic coat myself. About an eight hour job, but it was done right. Just picked up a complete set OEM Porsche puddle lights as well. My only planned upgrades are a Softronic ECU upgrade and a Fabspeed exhaust. Unless you all have different suggestions, that's what I'll go with. Then I'm done until I can get something a bit more luxurious. Maybe a Panamera 4S? I miss the massage feature that I'm used to having in a W216 CL-class and a W221 and W222 S-class I've had in the past. May have that as my personal vehicle. This Cayenne is actually for my wife, however, she's not too keen on driving nowadays (working from home). I end up driving and enjoying it almost all of the time.

One thing I've noticed with Porsche versus any other German manufacturer is that the build quality is much better than the rest. Everything shuts solidly and the buttons have a very satisfying *click*. The attention to detail and finish is nothing short of astounding in these vehicles. Even with this lowly base model...it's still amazing. Not to mention the extra-salty looks you get from older guys with a Toyota Highlander or TRD Toyota 4Runner...little do they know, those cars brand-new are the same price as this CPO Porsche. I think I'll have my Stuttgart crest, thank you.

Taking delivery at the dealership

The day after the tint was completed

Last edited by waxincredit; 09-11-2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:43 PM
Mozella
Track Day

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations on your new-to-you car.
Don't forget to join your local Porsche club. You'll find it loaded with people who also think they've made it. At least that's the way most of the people in my club think.

Last edited by Mozella; 09-10-2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:59 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 189 Posts

"Porsche is what lets everyone know You've Made It"

Well not necessarily. I bought my first Porsche for $1500. A beat up 1970 912 fresh out of high school in 1985. I didn't have a pot to **** in but I was full of positive energy and had a passion for life. Sold it to a buddy a few years later who still has it today! Probably best to have retained the positive outlook. LOL!

Congratulations on the new Porsche! it is a good feeling and marque.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:49 PM
waxincredit
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by inverterman

"Porsche is what lets everyone know You've Made It"

Well not necessarily. I bought my first Porsche for $1500. A beat up 1970 912 fresh out of high school in 1985. I didn't have a pot to **** in but I was full of positive energy and had a passion for life. Sold it to a buddy a few years later who still has it today! Probably best to have retained the positive outlook. LOL!

Congratulations on the new Porsche! it is a good feeling and marque.
Definitely a different time, my friend. I remember when you could pick up 911's from the 60s and 70s and needed a bit of work for decent money. Nowadays, those types of cars are worth a mint if they're restored or taken care of...that was not even 25 years ago. Now, it's a bunch of guys that I'd rather not associate with around here, as I keep to myself for the most part. I just wanted something that had a bit more exclusivity than a Mercedes, BMW, or Audi. I also wanted something that was actually worth a damn after I finished paying for it.

In any event, thank you for the warm welcome! I've been very active over on the mbworld and benzworld forum for years, but I've grown out of that. I usually utilize forums nowadays as a depot for troubleshooting issues and knowledge transfer.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:50 PM
waxincredit
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mozella
Congratulations on your new-to-you car.
Don't forget to join your local Porsche club. You'll find it loaded with people who also think they've made it. At least that's the way most of the people in my club think.
LOL! I saw the MB club here and it had a bunch of pretentious and obnoxious folks, old and young alike. I'll opt out and do my own thing.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:25 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 690 Likes on 439 Posts

Congrats! She's a beauty

More than happy to give you a special discount as a welcome to the Cayenne world, I'll shoot you a PM and we can get things set up!

The following users liked this post:
waxincredit (09-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Took delivery 9/1 of this beaut