Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 09:25 AM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts
Default New Member from Ohio

I joined a couple weeks ago, but drove my first p-car home yesterday (550+ miles). I picked up a 2006 Carrera 4s Cab as the 'first loser' on a BaT auction, when the winning bidder backed out. After the seller and I reached a deal, I caught a quick flight to NJ and drove the car back to Central Ohio--not a bad way to get acquainted.

This car marks my return from 'car guy on hiatus'. Before moving into the boat world for several years, I had a number of sporty vehicles, including an E36 M3 and a modified E70X5 (yea, I know, not a car, but it hauled the family well, when it wasn't broken). I've always loved p-cars, and BMW's from the mid/late '00's onward seem to be more miss than hit with reliability. My very first car was a 1972 VW bus with the flat 4 engine, so this also marks a bit of a return to my roots, so to speak, albeit a lot lower, faster, and much, much more expensive (I think I paid $300 for that bus).

This community's already been amazingly helpful, with a wealth of info that helped me through the decision and buying process, and I look forward to becoming an active participant.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 480 Posts

Warm welcome from Florida. Glad you joined us!

Quick Reply: New Member from Ohio