Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from Oregon, Seeking Advice on 911 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021 | 10:49 AM
alcab729
1st Gear

Default Hello from Oregon, Seeking Advice on 911 Purchase

Hello, new member here from Portland, Oregon. I am considering the purchase of a 1986 911 non sunroof coupe with a fiberglass widebody slope nose kit. The car belongs to my wife's uncle. It has 78k miles on it and has been sitting in his garage, undriven, since 2003 (it developed a clutch problem, he says it needs a clutch plate). The car is located outside Los Angeles. I ran a CarFax report and it has a clean title has been in California all it's life. My uncle is the second owner.

Since the car has been sitting for 18 years now, I am wondering what I should expect to spend to get this car back on the road. Besides the clutch plate and needing all new tires, what other work should I expect to have done? Will the engine need to be removed and gone through? Also, what would be a fair purchase price for this car in it's current condition, and what would it be worth in running condition? The slope nose conversion appears to be really well done, and the car in general looks like it's in great shape underneath all that dust.

I owned an 86 911 Carrera in the late 90's so I am familiar with this particular vintage 911. I plan to keep and drive this car, not looking to flip it. Attached are 3 pics of the car that I took last week when we visited my wife's uncle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

Last edited by alcab729; 07-27-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Hello from Oregon, Seeking Advice on 911 Purchase