Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New to me 2013 Cayenne S (First time Porsche owner)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021 | 05:46 PM
WotWombats
4th Gear

Default New to me 2013 Cayenne S (First time Porsche owner)

Hi everyone,

Delighted to finally join the Porsche family, after many years of biding my time. Perhaps not the most exciting entry into the brand, but a few weeks into ownership, I'm very impressed (and this is coming from a long-time SUV-skeptic). The hope is to add a 987 or 981 Cayman to really scratch the proper driver's itch, but the current prices are making that more of a longer-term goal.

For the 95% of driving I do, for dog duty and for inevitable kid duty coming soon, the Cayenne is a pretty great package. It's a long distance weapon and the PASM air suspension is very impressive at giving a wide range of usability. Fun enough to enjoy the twisties, and looking forward to making use of the offroad abilities too.

I had wanted to find a Cayenne in carmine red or dark blue, but both proved difficult to track down in the Vancouver, Canada area with the other options I wanted. This one came along with the right equipment and at the right price - I couldn't say no.

It has all the toys I wanted except for the rear locker (exceedingly rare from my research) and sports exhaust.

Planned mods are pretty minimal, I want to take care of a few cosmetic blemishes (touch up a few stone chips, add some PPF, get the wheel rims refinished) and am planning on a set of off-road tires on 19" wheels to allow me to get up some FSRs for a bit of adventuring. Besides that, something to let the V8 sing a bit more without getting antisocial. I'm thinking Soul Performance secondary cat bypass pipes.

Quick Reply: New to me 2013 Cayenne S (First time Porsche owner)