Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Hello from Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021 | 03:57 AM
TomasE
2nd Gear

Default Hello from Sweden

Hi
I just registered on this outstanding site. I have just purchased a 1988 928 S4.
Old 06-22-2021 | 10:47 AM
Donald Johnson
7th Gear

Greetings Tomas. I've been to Sweden several times and need to go back. Besides the 81 928 U.S 5 speed I just purchased several months ago, I have a 74 Saab Sonett and a 62Volvo 120 wagon I'm in the process of converting to a "woodie"! I'm struggling with electronic gremlins, ignition switch replacement etc,on the 928!. Very much an ongoing problem that previous owner(s) have had a hand in creating. I'm interested in hearing about your car though. Don
Old 06-29-2021 | 08:07 AM
TomasE
2nd Gear

Thank you Don.
When I bought my car it was some issues I had to deal with.
First it was lot of oil around the oil filler neck and the engine was wet with oil underneath. One oil vent hose from oil filler neck to the engine head was broken.
The other issue was that sometimes the engine was not starting. If the engine started then it was running very bad.
I removed the airintake so I could check and measure all the related components was good. I replaced the 2 knock sensors that was in really bad condition.
The starter issue was solved yesterday when I replaced the crankshaft pulse sensor. The connector was broken causing bad connection.
When I started the car yesterday it was coming smoke from engine bay. Coolant water was leaking. Now I'm waiting for some new gaskets. So in middle of next week I can drive and enjoy my car
Cheers Tomas

Quick Reply: Hello from Sweden